Saturday, February 3, 2007

One door opens, another closes

Very sadly I got my rag back for the first time a couple of weeks ago since having Maggie. The worst thing is that the hormones somehow seem to have affected my milk which has taken a nose dive, so i am having to go to first and last feed only. I hate it when choices are taken away from me. For about two weeks Maggie has been waking in the night, i was kinda thinking maybe a growth spurt or perhaps teething, but the other night i feed her as usual and put her down, but she wasn't that keen on bed, so i got her back up and thought maybe i might just try to top her up with a bottle. She drank the whole bottle and then slept the whole night. Yesterday was the first day of bottle and with our night out last night it has really been nearly 24 hours since our last feed and i am only just full now. So sad!

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

Dont be blue, remember it is Maggie who dictates how much milk you produce, by the sounds of it she has been self weening for sometime, hence being Mrs Period Pants.

Good things: You are looking fantastic the breast feeding has done its thing. You no longer have to wear those horrid breast feeding bras(mine are so skody) You also get premium cuddles from your babe, as I love lying down with them when they are having a bottle and have a bit of a rest, lovely.

Domestic Goddess said...

I am so excited that you have choosen to give it a go, It really helps sometimes. Just relax and vent as that is what is all about and Jase knows I have a blog but he does not know were it is and neither do my family as sometimes it is best they do not learn things..........so my advice would be keep it privvy to friends especially ones who are far away so you do not miss them too much.

Well done you rock!