Monday, January 28, 2008

Hubby goes grocery shopping

Let me begin by saying my usual grocery budget is $250 for a fortnight shop.
This weekend we are heading to Christchurch for 4 days so hubby informs me that we don't need to do the big grocery shop as we'll only be here for half the time. I needed to go in to work yesterday morning to help write up stocktake (Ryan came with me), so hubby decided to get the groceries himself.
When i got home i started to check what he had bought after i noticed he had forgotton the teabags which i had put on the list. 'i forgot your list, so i had to guess at what to get.... and i spent $250!' What happened to the little shop? I'm still not sure what he spent the money on as the cupboards and fridge still don't look particularly full. 'i had to get nappies' hubby informed me. '(I usually do too.) 'Well i had to get my two bottles of wine' (Yep i normally get them too.)'And i had to get meat' (what does he think i normally get in the groceries!?!)
He has neglecte some of the main things, bread, baby wipes, teabags and only got about half the milk we'll need, so on top of the normal $250, i'm still going to have to go and get some more stuff.
Oh well, he really did try which is kinda cute!

No comments: