Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Boy or Girl?

I decided that with this pregnancy i wouldn't get into the 'is it a boy or girl' zone as it just does your head in. However it is really really hard not to speculate. This pregnancy is so different, you can't help but wonder why or hope. With the girls i had morning sickness for three months, this time i had all day sickness for only 9 weeks. The girls i felt very early. Charlotte at 12 weeks and Maggie at 9, this time it has taken a lot longer. I have only been feeling the baby for the last few days and i am 16 weeks today. I am breaking out with pimples this time and with the girls had no issues along those lines. I could go on, i'm really hoping it means something, but i know that every pregnancy can be different. My sister-in-laws second pregnancy was so different from her first that when her second was born she didn't believe them when they told her it was another girl. Also a lady i was talking to the other day had three girls and then a boy had thought that with her last it was another girl as her pregnancy was exactly the same as with her girls.
I had my midwife yesterday and we heard the heartbeat which was 160 bpm, which is quite high indicating a girl, but then my nephew had some high and some low heartbeats (Charlotte actually did too) and the same midwife initially thought he was going to be a girl.
I have my scan booked for June 18th, so am really looking forward to it and hopefully finding out what sex, but what's the bet baby says uh-uh Mum i'm gonna keep my legs crossed! Needless to say i will be gutted if i have to wait till bubs is born. (A little part of me though would love the excitement again of giving birth and then finding out what our precious bundle is - we didn't find out with Charlotte and it was lovely. We did find out with Maggie and it was kinda nice, but then there was no hype left for the rest of the pregnancy, but at the same time i'm not a terribly patient person and hate the suspence of waiting for a surprise.)

1 comment:

Lynda Marie said...

Well, boy or girl? My heartbeat check was yesterday and it was also 160 bpm - just curious..........L in Az