Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ryan's birth

Our birth wasn't too bad other than getting a shock at his size (first two were 7lb6 and 7lb5). My labour was established at 11.30pm and he was born at 6.03am, so mw has said labour 6hrs 40min. Pretty happy with that! I had a show at 2am and called mw at 3.30am. She lives a fair while away, so arrived an HOUR later, took one look at me and said straight to the hosp. I didn't get too many stitches. And his birth mark isn't too bad. I did really well getting his head out, but his shoulders almost got stuck, so mw had to give a hard pull, which is when i got a little ripped. Not very deep, but the scarring was skew-whiff, so mw put a couple of stitches in to keep things tidy.(Bless her!) His birth mark is right on the hair-line, so will hopefully be mostly covered (although he has a cow-lick right beside it, unlucky kid). I actually love his birth mark. It's quite distinguished! (Daryl is already talking laser surgery though, LOL!)
The only other thing is that when i was pushing, i decided i didn't want to prolong it, so pushed with everything i had and now have some burst blood vessels in my eyes. Still it's not bothering me, just looks good.

I've actually already forgotton the pain of the labour. Not of the pregnancy though!!

No comments: